The HSE states ‘any worker liable to disturb asbestos while performing their normal everyday work is required to be trained. Every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to those employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos during the course of their work.’
As an employer you must ensure that:
• your employees have the training, knowledge, experience and ability to carry out the work without risk to themselves or others
• supervisors and managers are also trained and aware of their responsibilities
• the training provider is competent and aware of the tasks that are likely to be carried out by employees.
Self-employed workers should ensure that they are properly trained to protect themselves and ensure that others are not put at risk from their work activities.
Getting the right training for you and your employees is vital, and that's why so many builders and contractors trust Brandon Training to provide a range UKATA accredited training courses to support them and their workforces to achieve compliance.
What type of training is necessary?
All workers who are liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work should be trained so that they can recognise asbestos containing materials and know what to do if they come across them. The training needs to be appropriate for the work and the roles undertaken by individuals. There are three types of asbestos training:
• Awareness training
• Training for work with asbestos that does not require a licence from HSE
• Training for asbestos work that does require a licence from HSE.
Contact Brandon Training on 0117 971 8555 for training and course details.